Thursday, May 04, 2006

Water in Japan

I didn't know how precious was water. I realized that day by day with my "wonderful" wife. Yes my wife is Japanese and I'm Italian. We got married last March. This is the reason why I decided to come and live in Japan.

I don't know what is more difficult: to live with my "wonderful" wife or to face a so different culture?!
Of course the first one..

Anyway, in Italy I used to live in a wonderful place with many mountains and so much water. Just now that I'm Japan I realized how precious and important is water. How? In everyday life....

After many discussions I tried with all my mind's power to pay attention in order not to spoil water. But every time I tried to go near a sink I really felt so nervous, I couldn't make mistakes...
It was night, I really wanted to drink my Italian camomile. (Yes I'm a real Italian, I can't live without camomile and biscuits in the night and I can face everyone, also my wife!). So I tried to be as silent as possible... I had to rinse the boiler from the bad water of the morning tea (Yeah of course I’m a real Italian also in the morning – I can't live without tea and biscuits!), and it happened... my dear wife immediately came to check me and started accusing me because I use too much water!!!!!
MOOOOOOO!!!
For 5 seconds I tried to keep everything inside... but at the 6th second my repress angry blew up totally!!! BLAAAAAAAAAM! (I became red as the boiler).
My wife was really surprised about my reaction .... Women..


Water in Japan is really expensive, maybe it costs more than electricity. Japanese people really care about this issue (maybe my wife a little too much) and everybody has really big respect of this kind of rules.
In Italy unfortunately there is the bad thinking that "one can't save the world".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After your post (the one in the italian blog), I've tried to change my "water politic".
I'm not kidding!
Especially when I've known that in my building, in one year, we are the family that spend more than the others!!!!
For example I fixed the time for one shower: no more than 5 minutes!! (while before, we stay under the water for a long long time, like we was under a cascade).
To change our habits it's very hard, but when the changes are made in the right direction (like to save water), I think they are necessary!!!
To preserve water is important not only for our personal cashes, but also for the life of our planet!!!
I'm sure of this.

Ok, this my first comment in this blog and so I'm sorry for my grammatical mistakes, but If you don't try you'll never be wrong!!

Bye.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cavolo!!!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cabbage or "what a fuck"?
Please, explain the meaning of your italian word!!!!
And please sign you, don't keep anonymous!!!!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home